How to make your tax payment?
There are five easy steps that taxpayers need to complete to make an online IRS payment:
1. Provide the tax information – That includes the type of return the taxpayers are making the payment for (Installment Agreement, Tax Return, Estimated Payment, etc.) and the tax year of the payment.
2. Verify their Identity – To verify your identity, you need to provide information from your 1040 filing history. The details can be from one of the 1040 tax returns filed during the previous six years.
3. Enter payment information – Include the payment amount, the payment date (up to 30 days in advance), and the US bank account routing and account number.
4. Review and sign – The taxpayer will be allowed to review all previously entered information and verify its accuracy by electronically signing the payment agreement.
5. Confirmation – The taxpayer will receive a confirmation when the request is successfully processed. We strongly recommend that the taxpayer print the confirmation page or record the confirmation number for their records. You also have an option to request an email confirmation of your tax payment.